Ifrit

Ifrit, also spelled efreet, also ifreet, afrit, afreet (Arabic: ʻAfrīt: عفريت, pl ʻAfārīt: عفاريت), are a kind of Jinn mentioned in the Qur'an.

Afrit in the Qur'an
Please help improve this section by expanding it.
Further information might be found on the talk page or at requests for expansion. (April 2008)

Afrit is mentioned in the Qur'an, Sura An-Naml (27:39-40)

An ‘Afrît (strong one) from the jinn said: "I will bring it to you before you rise from your place. And verily, I am indeed strong, and trustworthy for such work. One with whom was knowledge of the Scripture said: "I will bring it to you within the twinkling of an eye!" Then when Solomon saw it placed before him, he said: "This is by the Grace of my Lord - to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! And whoever is grateful, truly, his gratitude is for (the good of) his ownself; and whoever is ungrateful, (he is ungrateful only for the loss of his ownself). Certainly my Lord is Rich (Free of all needs), Bountiful. Sura An-Naml:40. (27:40)


Ifrits in popular culture are spirits that embody fire.

Nincsenek megjegyzések: